When visiting Europe, travelers shall be financially covered so to properly challenge any sudden event that might call for unanticipated expenses. As for that matter, the concept of travel insurance policy has been proven to help travelers offering the needed financial support and comfort so to enjoy their travel journey without worries.
Medical insurance for Schengen visa must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum coverage of at least 30,000 EUR (equivalent to 50,000 USD).
- It should cover all member states of the Schengen Area.
- Cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent health attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death.
Despite that the travel health insurance is a necessary travel tool that everyone is worth having it, not all travelers are obliged to. The only people for which having a covered insurance policy is a mandatory requirement are visa nationalities. This group of travelers is always required to have the needed coverage for the entire period of their stay in Europe, regardless if they go there for business, tourism, studying, holidays, or for other reasons.
Travel Insurance is required for visa application
Anyone travelling temporarily to Europe from a country that is subject to visa requirements, be it an individual visitors or group visitors, tourists, or business travelers.
What does Europe Travel Insurance policy usually cover?
A good travel insurance policy for Europe should cover the following costs:
- Trip interruption
- Trip cancellation
- Emergency evacuation
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Medical emergency
- Repatriation of remains
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Return of a minor
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Flight connection missed due to airline schedule crash
- Travel delays due to weather
- Usually, the insurers cover pregnancy-related expenses, if the travel occurs during the first trimester. After that, insurance coverage varies from insurer to insurer.
Travel visa Insurance Policy Should Cover all Schengen Area Countries.